September and October 2019 Activities
- We set up our Active Schools Committee.
- We started doing our daily laps of the yard at different times of the day.
- We trained for and competed in the cross country athletics competition in Marylfield, Clonmel.
- 6th class started swimming lessons in Clonmel Pool.
- 5th class played rounders in the field at lunchtimes with Ms Conway.
- We held Active School’s Week.
- We held a whole-school Active Maths Day.
- In October, infants went on zombie walks around the school grounds.
November and December 2019 Activities
- We started Active Lines
- The children in the top yard enjoyed Funch (fun lunch) on Fridays in the yard to make our yard more active for younger children.
- We took on the Run Around Europe challenge and we started running the distance to Paris!
- 6th class started cycling
- 12 days of Fitness
- 3rd and 5th classes went for swimming lessons
January and February
- We continued the run to Paris
- We continued with Active Lines.
- We started Super Troopers homework.
- 2nd, 4th and the older speech and language children started swimming.
- We continued the Run Around Europe challenge, running the distance to Paris.
- Staff were given questionnaires about PE and gymnastics.
- A sample group of pupils were given questionnaires about PE and gymnastics.
- 4th Class had an “artist in residence.” They went walking down the path to the park, drawing and sketching along the route.
- Go noodle and Busy Breaks are being used in school.
- Suggestion Box was decorated and placed outside the office. We open it weekly and read what suggestions people are making. We discuss all suggestions at Active Schools Meetings.
- Funch is continuing every Friday with activities in top yard.
- Mrs Skehan showed pupils in 5th and 6th class some activities they can do at lunch time. The children are now enjoying French skipping, ball games and skipping.
March and April
- Whole School Dance – we performed “An Damhsa Mór” for Seachtain na Gaeilge in the yard.
- Staff showed their singing and dancing skills as they performed “Sister Act” and “Mama Mia” at our fundraiser “Stars in Your Eyes” in Hotel Minella. They performed it for the children at the Seachtain na Gaeilge Concert.
- Staff received PDST training in gymnastics.
- Run to Paris is still going.
- Kool school did a taster session with pupils from our school who are in Kool School Gymnastics outside school. Pupils were very impressed with the fantastic display that the gymnasts performed.
- Hurling started for Junior Infants to 1st Class.
May and June
- Whole School Dance
- Drop Everything and Dance
- Sports Days
- 6th Class vs Teachers basketball match
- GAA camogie - 2nd to 6th class
- Active School Tours
- Active Homework
- Athletics Track and Field training and inter-schools event
- Active Walkway – 1km a day challenge
- Active Lines
- Rounders for 5th class at lunchtime